Friday 6 December 2013

A Morning with Tendulkar!


Sachin has left a lasting impression as a cricketer, a personality and a living legend. As Sachin passes the baton to the younger battalion of Indian Cricketers, each person who has had the opportunity to interact with the little master is at this point reminiscing their time with him.

Robin Paul, the CEO and Founder of Breakthrough who was a former international athlete representing India at 100 metres, 200 metres and relay also had the opportunity to meet with Sachin. The meeting happened during a charity match for the Spastic Society of India. Here is a snapshot of the meeting.
In Robin’s words


Tendulkar agreed to play a charity match for the Spastic Society of India. There was a delay in the start of the match and I found myself sitting next to the great maestro. At that time about 20 years ago, Sachin was just making his way into the Test side. As we sat at the Brabourne stadium, both of us enjoyed the great wait.

As we chatted, Sachin, shared about how he became interested in the game of cricket. He asked about my family, I shared about my sons Rohit and Rohan. I asked him to give an autograph for them, to which he readily agreed. Never did I know this young man would reach such great heights and grow to be adored by the nation and the world. Indeed, I was privileged to have had the opportunity.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your thoughts on our Posts